Sunday, May 13, 2007

Farewell

I did not attend any parades or big festivals this week, just a lot of good byes, which are celebrations. It is sad to leave this place and the people I have met and loved, but I celebrate the gift that each person, place and experience has been for me.

This was a week of goodbyes. On Tuesday at the Unity of Greater New Orleans staff meeting, they had a farewell party. On Thursday the Unity Welcome Home staff, my coworkers, took me out to lunch. I feel so fortunate to have met so many wonderful people, coworkers and clients. They have all greatly enriched my life.

Tonight I celebrated with the sisters I have lived with and have come to know and love. There was a lot of laughter and some tears as well. I feel so blessed to have gotten to know each sister here. My life has been greatly enriched.

I want to write more, but am very tired and have a few things to finish before morning. Tomorrow I will drive to Florida where I will spend a couple of days with my grandparents. I will then spend a couple of vacation days with my parents who will arrive in the Sunshine State of Wednesday.

Many Blessings!

No comments: